- This is a fun drill designed to develop strength in the wrist as well as emphasize proper backspin.
- Balls (1 between partners)
- Note: it may be a good idea to use incrediballs or softees for this drill
- Divide players into partners and line them up along one of the foul lines.
- Players should be positioned 5-10 feet apart depending on arm strength.
- One partner lays down (using their glove as a head rest) while the other stands in front of them with a baseball.
- Partner standing simply lobs the ball to the player on the ground. The player on the ground checks for proper gip and throws ball to partner's chest.
- For younger players, it may be safer for the partner standing to roll the ball back instead of lobbing it in the air.
- Emphasis should be placed on flicking the wrist and getting good backspin.
- Players should throw the ball using a 4 seam grip and aim for their partner's chest.
In order to access all the drills, instruction videos, blogs, files, links, and to post to the forum,
you must be a registered
member. Please Login or register with the buttons below:
If you are already a member of the Baseball Canada NCCP program at
http://nccp.baseball.ca, you can LOGIN with your Baseball Canada username (or email) and password.