- This is a fun drill designed to develop ball awareness, as well as quick hands.
- Improve players' footwork for throwing to the left, right, and straight in front of them.
- Baseballs (up to 3 per group)
- Divide players into groups of four.
- Players should be positioned 10-20 feet apart depending on arm strength.
- Progressions are as follows:
- Round 1 - Ball is thrown to the left (video 1)
- Round 2 - Ball is thrown to the right (video 2)
- Round 3 - Ball is thrown across then right (video 3)
- Round 4 - Ball is thrown across then left
- As players develop more confidence, the coach can add more balls.
- Note: it may be a good idea to use incrediballs or softees for this drill
- Players should throw the ball using a 4 seam grip and aim for their partner's chest.
In order to access all the drills, instruction videos, blogs, files, links, and to post to the forum,
you must be a registered
member. Please Login or register with the buttons below:
If you are already a member of the Baseball Canada NCCP program at
http://nccp.baseball.ca, you can LOGIN with your Baseball Canada username (or email) and password.