DRILL Black Cap - Fundamental Movement SkillsPosted Nov 11/19 by André Lachance for Baseball Canada
Black Cap - Fundamental Movement Skills - Coordination – 10 jumping jacks without stopping
Goal: Introduce players to the importance of coordination in baseball.
Stand with feet together, knees slightly bent, and arms to sides.
Jump while raising arms and separating legs to sides. Land on forefoot with legs apart and arms overhead. Jump again while lower arms and returning legs to midline. Land on forefoot with arms and legs in original position and repeat.
Variation & Progression:
- Execute movement with arms only (legs not moving) creating a hug movement
- Execute movement with arms going sideways without jumping
- Execute movement with hugs movement (front) instead of sideways
- Execute movement jumping from basic position
- Execute movement front and back
- Execute movement front/back/side
- Increase intensity by making it quicker.