- The purpose and setup of this drill is similar to the two-knee throwing drill. It is designed to practice proper throwing mechanics of the upper body as well as emphasize extending the front side.
- Baseballs (1 between partners)
- Gloves (optional)
- Divide players into partners and line them up along one of the foul lines.
- Players should be positioned 15-20 feet apart (distance is also dependant on arm strength and accuracy).
- In this drill the player kneels down on the leg that his/her throwing-hand is on (ie. if the player throws with his/her right hand, he/she would kneel down on the right leg).
- Emphasis should be placed on accuracy.
- Start with hands at mid-chest.
- Players should throw the ball using a 4 seam grip and aim for their partner's chest.
- This drill can be done with or without a glove depending on skill level.
In order to access all the drills, instruction videos, blogs, files, links, and to post to the forum,
you must be a registered
member. Please Login or register with the buttons below:
If you are already a member of the Baseball Canada NCCP program at
http://nccp.baseball.ca, you can LOGIN with your Baseball Canada username (or email) and password.