My name is Tom Bertin and I teach or have taught Computer Science, Computer Technology, Computer Engineering, Robotics, FIRST (usfirst.org), Business, Mathematics, Careers and Religion at Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School in Oakville, ON., Canada.
Aside from the looks of dumbfoundedness followed by clarity/obviousness when I'm challenged to "Prove there is a God." and I present Descartes's and Pascal's thoughts on the matter, I'd have to say that the most rewarding aspect of my job comes from coaching the Varsity Boys Baseball team every Spring. With skill levels ranging from Oakville House League to the Elite level, the complexities that must be balanced abound.
I would be remiss here if I didn't mention FRC Team 3161, the Tronic Titans. Year after year, they are always exceptional individuals with razor sharp acumen. A tonne of fun, indeed. The same has to be said of the annual DWITE, Don Mills Open and ECOO Programming Teams. To call them "competent coders" would be an understatement.
That's about enough rambling from me. Thank you for visiting my site.
- Head Coach, Varsity Baseball, Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary, Oakville, ON., 2004-Present
- Head Coach, University of Guelph Gryphons Summer League, 1992 (League Champions)
- Various Coaching Roles, BOMBA (baseballburlington.com), 2006-2016, Held various coaching roles as my son progressed through BOMBA's system
- Starting RF, University of Guelph Gryphons Intercollegiate Baseball Team, 1992-1993 (.333 AVG, Led the team in OF assists)
- Junior Intercounty Guelph Royals Practice Squad 1993 (age discrepancy barrier)
- OF, Hamilton's West Mountain Cougars, 1985-1991, COBA (Rep., Level long since forgotten)
- Interview in Fall 1992 on CFRU 93.3 FM (University of Guelph Campus Radio) re: Status of current Inter-University Baseball Athletics
- Tryout with St. Louis Cardinals ("La-Z-Boy"); achieved 2nd look status w.r.t. arm strength (August 1991?)
- Given attendance consideration for the Fall 1988 Season with the National Baseball Institute (NBI) of Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Given attendance consideration for the Fall 1988 Season with the University of Kentucky Wildcat's NCAA Division 1 baseball team of Lexington, KY, U.S.A.
- Multimedia Link re: the above... https://goo.gl/6m16MQ